The morning air was brisk and the ground has a natural crunch from the frosty dew. The dew looks like fog for miles– it is winter.
My freshly percolated Starbucks coffee–perfect with my pound cake.
Every slice, moist and delicious 😋. It’s vegan, it’s easy and it’s organic!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose non-bleach flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup nondairy vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cacao powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup flour – to add if needed
- 1 teaspoon cocoa (powder for swirl)
- 1 teaspoon cacao (powder for swirl)
- Preheat oven on 350 degrees F. (180 degrees C). Grease and flour loaf baking pans.
- Sift flour, cacao and cocoa powder, add sugar, salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Add yogurt, oil and vanilla extract. Whisk together until well combined and large lumps are gone. Do not over mix.
- Add 1/3 cup (if needed) of flour and hand mix until well combined. Batter should not be too loose or stiff.
- Remove 1/4 cup of batter and put to the side. Pour batter in loaf pan. In same bowl, combine remaining batter, cacao and coca powder and mix.
- Pour horizontally down the middle of batter. Use knife to swirl cacao mix into batter. Place in middle rack of oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until when toothpick is inserted in middle it comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Shake pan to loosen cake from edges and let completely cool beforehand serving.