A Sunday morning breakfast that’s perfect for the harvest season 🍽😋.
Bob’s Red Mill grits are gluten, wheat and dairy free. It’s a great 👍 choice if you are watching your sodium and cholesterol intake. You will love the per serving nutrition facts:
- Saturated Fat 0
- Cholesterol 0mg 0
- Sodium 0mg 0
For a tasty meal, cook-up some grilled veggies 🍅 🌶 for the topping.
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Grits
- 1 cup water
- 1 tomato 🍅 (chopped in 1 inch chunks)
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup bay leaves roughly torn
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 1 shallots (chopped)
- 1 cup red pepper (chopped 1 inch chunks)
- 1 cup yellow pepper (chopped 1 in chunks)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (can substitute for 1 cup yellow onion chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste (optional)
- In a medium nonstick pot, add grits, rinse with warm water and drain. Add water and vegetable broth. On medium heat, bring to a boil and turn down to simmer.
- Frequently stir to avoid lumps. As grits thicken, add cashew milk, butter, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Turn on low and cover. If grits become stiff, add a little water and mix well. Grits should be creamy.
- In larger sauce pan, add oil, peppers, tomatoes 🍅, shallots, garlic, dill, 1 teaspoon pepper, basil, onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and cayenne pepper. Fry or grill for 3 minutes.
- Add spinach, bay leaves, cilantro. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour grits on plate or in bowl and top with veggies. Add dash of salt and pepper if needed.
Serve immediately 🍵🍽