This French Toast is accompaniment with fried apples 🍎, crushed almonds, almond butter and maple syrup drizzle. It is dairy-free and delicious 😋!
- 1 apple 🍎 or 🍏 peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (to toast bread)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (to fry apples)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 crushed almonds
- Maple syrup to taste
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
French toast batter:
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cashew milk
- In nonstick sauce pan add 1 teaspoon olive oil, lightly brown apples on medium heat. Peel apples before frying.
- While apples are cooking, mix together batter ingredients.
- Lightly spread batter on each side of bread.
- Use large nonstick pan. Add 1/2 teaspoon olive oil on medium heat. Add bread and allow to brown before turning.
- Turn bread, add 1/2 teaspoon oil, allow to brown.
- Remove from pan and add apples. Top with crushed almonds. Drizzle almond butter and maple syrup to taste.
- Note: If needed for drizzle, add 1/4 teaspoon cashew milk to almond butter. Mix well to loosen for drizzle.