Rest and take it easy today, a restful day is a joyful day! This almond butter and jelly toast knocks it out of the box. It is a tasty brunch for an easy Saturday.
The recipe for the butter is quick and easy.
Almond Butter Ingredients:
- 3 cups raw almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the almonds across a large baking sheet and toast the almonds for 6-10 minutes
- Let the almonds cool until they they’re just warm (not hot), about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the almonds to a hight-speed blender or food processor. Blend until creamy, pausing to scrap sides as necessary.
- Add all ingredients and blend until creamy, if cracks stop to let cool for a minute.
- Let the almond butter cool to room temperature, then transfer the mixture to a mason jar and screw on the lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 week, or until you see or smell any signs of spoilage.