Do you need something quick and easy for a busy weekend? This breakfast will jump-start any day!
Oatmeal is a great choice for an early rise breakfast. While catching up on news or your favorite show, enjoy a nutritious meal; oatmeal with flaxseed, blueberries and agave.
9 Health Benefits to Eating Oatmeal
- Oats are incredibly nutritious
- They are rich in antioxidants, including avenanthramides
- Oats contain a powerful soluble fiber called beta Glucan
- They can lower cholesterol levels and protect LDL cholesterol damage
- Oats can improve blood sugar control
- Oatmeal is very filling and may help you loose weight
- Finley ground oats may help with skin care
- They may decrease the risk of childhood asthma
- Oats may help relieve constipation
See http://www.healthline.com for more details.
Flaxseed has omega-3 essential fatty acids, ‘good’ fats that have been shown to have heart-health effects. Each tablespoon of ground faxed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s. Lignans and fiber, all having many health benefits. They can be used to improve digestive health, lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol, reduce the risk of cancer and may benefit people with diabetes.
7 Top Health Benefits of Blueberries
According to http://www.draxe.com there are several benefits to eating blueberries
- High in antioxidants
- Help fight cancer
- Amp up weight loss
- Boost brain health
- Alleviate inflammation
- Support digestion
- Promote heart health
Agave is a natural alternative to refined sugars and artificial sweeteners. This honey-like sap come from the leaves of the blue agave, a succulent plant widely grown in Mexico. This syrup is high in calories and may contribute to weight gain and tooth decay if consumed in large amount.