Here is a tomato basil bread with a brown sugar and vegan butter drizzle.
This recipe is from http://www.keyingredients.com It was good enough to make veggie and guacamole sandwiches and share with co-workers, who absolutely loved it!
Tomato basil bread is great for any meal; breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 (.25-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110-115 F)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cold butter
- 3 tablespoon of flour
1. In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Stir basil, parmesan cheese, tomato paste, sugar, oil, salt, pepper flakes and 2 cups of flour. Knead 5 minutes until it is a stiff elastic dough.
2. Stir enough remaining flour if needed.
3. Turn in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double the size, about 1 hour.
4. Punch and knead for 1 minute. Shape into a round loaf. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until double the size, about 1 hour.
5. Add drizzle topping. With a sharp knife, cut a large “X” in top of loaf. (see ingredients and instructions)
6. Bake 375 F for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Place in bread bag to keep moist.
Cut in butter until to all mixed, sprinkle on top of loaf before cutting “X”in the loaf.
You can make parmesan cheese with raw cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and sea salt.
One Comment Add yours