It’s Christmas Eve, the fire 🔥 is burning, the Christmas music 🎶 is playing–and it’s baking time at the Carters.
The vegan cookies 🍪 are just out of the oven and the vegan swirl pound cake looks delicious.
The aroma of wine sauce permeates the air. The dish is mouth watering.
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 6 gloves garlic
- 1 cup red yellow peppers 🌶
- 1 14.5 oz can diced stewed tomato (basil, onion & garlic)
- 1 24 oz jar Barilla pasta sauce (basil, onion & garlic)
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegan organic protein broth (A Creamy Legume Vegetable Broth)
- 1 teaspoon organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon basil 🌿
- 1 teaspoon oregano 🌿
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Linguine noodles
- In larger pot, bring water a to boil. Add linguine and follow package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large nonstick sauce pan, add oil, onions, and garlic. Cook on medium heat 3 minutes until aromatic.
- Add peppers and cook 3 minutes. Add tomatoes 🍅and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth. Add basil, oregano, and crushed pepper and stir well. Add pasta sauce and wine.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cook on medium low to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Spoon sauce on pasta with parsley and serve.